Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Do you like driving and listening to music? Then you must love Car-toons! HAHA.

Your choice topic this week is to discuss some of the greatest cartoons of all time. 


Personally, I think with the downfall of quality cartoons, we have seen the downfall of a quality society.  It used to be you could flip on the television Saturday morning and go through a ridiculous lineup.  At 8:00 A.M. I might start my morning off with a little Berenstain Bears.  Never heard of it?  This is a crime I say.  Then you better believe I was going to watch Disney's Adventures of the Gummy Bears at 8:30.  That's right.  It's not just a candy.  I wasn't allowed to watch Smurfs, but that's not a problem when you can choose between watching Jim Henson's Muppet Babies or Slimer! and the Real Ghostbusters.  These are cartoons you can hang your hat on (I don't even know what that means, but it sounded pretty good).  What happened to Voltron?  He-man and the Masters of the Universe?  Even Fraggle Rock.  Gone, gone, gone. 

Remember Thundercats?



No mas.
These cartoons were killed off by the 90s leaving few survivors. 

That's not to say the 90s assassinated the best without giving in return.  The 90s brought about some classics: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Darkwing Duck, Talespin, Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers, and Ducktales.  But I remember the bad too: Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Eek! The Cat, and The Tick.  It was the beginning of the end. 

Needless to say, I miss Saturday mornings.  Give me the Tupperware bowl of cinnamon toast crunch and 2% milk.  Give me that one time where I could actually eat in the living room (on the floor) and watch cartoons for about three hours straight and know that all was right in the world.  Yes, I know.  What do I know?  I know on some deeper level what I really miss is that innocence.  I know I miss that freedom from responsibility.  But, as I learned one Saturday morning, "Knowing is half the battle. G.I. Joe."

P.S.   What about the great songs that went with all the best cartoons?  You can probably still sing some of them.  Test yourself:

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I'd ever find something worth talking about finally!!!I My Saturday mornings were nothing without Looney Tunes and Saturday Nights Scooby-Doo, Dexter's Laboratory and Johnny Bravo sigh when did it all end?

    ReplyDelete
  3. who doesn't want to write about cartoon.wh dosnt like them there is a bunch of them u got to like at least one

    ReplyDelete