Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Dearth of Vocabulary

I said I was going to write this post and it would be rampant with Senior Composition vocabulary words.  However, the title and the previous sentence will be the only words I place in the text on purpose.  A word might slip in on accident, and for that I apologize.  Sometimes my vocabulary cannot be contained.  Instead, I would like to apologize to Ohio State fans for Michigan's inability to defeat Michigan State.

I can't say I was shocked by the result.  I imagined it would take the kidnapping of Alabama's defense and placing them in the guise of Michigan players to stop MSU's running game.  Maybe we did, and that's why Alabama lost.  I don't know.  All I do know is that MSU won and they now have a great chance of winning the Big Ten title.  They do not have to play OSU.

Surprisingly, the defense actually looked better than they have.  They gave up a couple big running plays which hurt, but they weren't completely dominated like they were in weeks' past.  We actually lost the game because of the very "human" performance of Robinson.  He drove Michigan down the field twice and threw interceptions in the end zone.  Those turnovers translated into two touchdowns for MSU.  Flip the points accordingly, and there would be quite a different result.

However, in the end, MSU knocked off Michigan and now they have a chance to run the table much to the disdain of OSU fans.  So, for those OSU fans who were rooting for MSU to knock off Michigan, congratulations.  You got your wish...to your detriment.

5 comments:

  1. Im upset Mr. Potter. We were supposed to have a blog vocab battle. I understand that youre scared of losing so its fine. Since youre not going to do it, I wont either. We will have to do it in the future sometime though, im excited to beat my Senior Comp teacher at his own game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I used four words. That probably would have been enough to win this vocab battle anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go comment on my newest entry. I used a word from this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to be late on your blog this week so I think the entire class should get extra credit because you didn't keep your word. It's 11:44 p.m. and I doubt you are blogging.... so way to fail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I cant honestly say that I am a big OSU fan. I go to the games all the time but my team is starting to be Miami. OSU drives me crazy because they play a schedule full of terrible teams and get highlights becasue they can stomp them. Atleast teams like Michigan play a hard schedule

    ReplyDelete