Sunday, October 3, 2010

Round 3...In the Red corner-Potter...in the Blue corner-DVR..."Ding, Ding"

I just finished up my Grad school homework.  Now I'm gonna take care of the blog before my show comes on at 9:00.  I would like to say that I love DVR.  Being a teacher, I don't really have time to watch TV shows when they come on.  I love those people out there who say, "Teachers have it great.  They work from 7:35 until 2:50...and they get summers off!"  To those people, I say that DVR is a teacher's best friend.  Why? Because sometimes it isn't until the summer when we get a chance to catch up on shows.

I wish one of those people would trade me places for about a week.  They would see that I get up at 5:45 in the morning so that I can get to the school by 6:45.  They would see that I get to my classroom by 7:00 to help anybody who needs it or to let students use computers if they need those.  They would then find that they don't get to leave at 2:50.  Instead, they get to run basketball conditioning until about 5:00.  I hope they didn't skip breakfast or lunch, because when they get home they can't spend much time worrying about dinner.  They've got to find time to take the dog for a walk and grade essays.  By the time 10:00 rolls around they are gonna be able to crash just to repeat the whole process the next day.  I'm not going to even make this person work on my Grad school assignments throughout the week...basically because I don't think they could handle it...and I'm not taking the bad grade for them.  So, yeah, the moral of the story is I love DVR.  Sunday night is the one night when I can actually get everything done and watch my show without having to record it.  

Round 3 goes to Potter.  

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Potter, Im glad you use your DVR because I never do and I wish I would. Everyone seems to use theirs but I dont and I miss so much good t.v. when im either out or working or something. Your blog has inspired me to use my DVR more. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete