Sunday, October 24, 2010

With the Windows Down in the Winter

I'm looking forward to this week.  Not the grading...never the grading.  However, I am looking forward to everything else.  My seniors are reading their This I Believe essays.   These essays are always fun and interesting.  I'm expecting some great essays.  My sophomores are wrapping up major units.  Two classes are finishing To Kill a Mockingbird and two are finishing research.  This week is also the end of the first grading period...let's hope everyone has their game faces on.

What does the title have to do with this?  Nothing.  However, the past week or so I have been humming, whistling, and singing a lot of Christmas carols in class.  One of my favorite parts of this time of the year is driving with my windows down and heat on.  Nothing like having warm air blow on my feet and cold air blow on my face.  Strange?  Maybe.  Do I care?  Doubt it.

Basketball is starting up soon too.  This is also something I love about this time of the year.  There is nothing like basketball.  Walking into a gym you hear the sound of the basketball bouncing off the floor and shoes squeaking on the floor.  You hear whistles and cheers.  You can see the sweat dripping off of the faces of players working together to accomplish a goal.

Well, the bottom line?  "It's the most wonderful time of the year."  If that doesn't start you singing Christmas carols, then you need to brush up on your seasonal songs.  While you do brush up, look forward to the unexpected snow days.  They are coming.  Christmas break?  Right around the corner.  Basketball games?   Absolutely.

2 comments:

  1. well this is what i believe i believe OSU will beat MIchigan

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Michigan can find a defense between now and the OSU game the world better watch out. Otherwise, I wouldn't say your belief is crazy...

    ReplyDelete